Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs

One of the reasons I started this blog was to get out of the rut of eating the same old things week after week.  I grew up eating casseroles with milk based soups and meats and potatoes.  Now, we can't use milk or meat ( cow meat anyway).  When we learned this summer that our son's milk allergy has gotten worse, I decided it is time to learn new recipes, try new things and accept this as a way of life, quite possibly for a long time.

Certainly over the past few years, I have gotten into a habit of making pretty much the same menus over and over again to avoid the risk that someone might not like their dinner and it will be wasted effort.  Who wants to eat the same things week after week?  Once I started going through my recipes, I realized I actually have so many that I have never tried or only tried once and didn't get back to.  I am looking forward to trying new recipes and exploring the possibilities.

I thought this one would be a good one to start off with: Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs.  The recipe is posted under Milk-Free Recipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment